It was the industrial revolution that, for the first, saw the emergence of Forced labor and Mobs operating deplorable state sites where people were beaten, extorted, and mercilessly whipped into forced labor.
We read acts of mass murder, and rough inhuman tactics applied, especially by Tobacco, Sugarcane, Mining industries, and Apparel Manufacturing Industries.
These are the worst Sectors with Historical Incidents of Labor Laws violations.
- Textile sector.
- Coal mining.
- Sugar mill.
- Tea & Coffee Industry.
What are Major Labor Rights which Apparel Manufacturers Should Focus on?
As offshore business increases, labor riots and strikes have increased, and many Big Brands have been found guilty of Mediocre and Low-Level Activities.
So Zegaapparel understands the urgency by brands and has stated the UN Standard protocol and ILO standard Practices for Labor Rights.
- Check your Country’s Min Wage and set a wage higher than that.
- Ensure Realistic Workload.
- Safety Measures.
- Avoid Underage Labor at all Costs.
- A functioning Labor Union is a very positive Sign.
- Health and Hazard Insurance.
- The facility should have Fire/Natural Hazards escape plans in Building Blue Prints.
These are the most basic rules to follow for further Information on what laws you must follow to have an Internationally recognized Facility. Keep Following the blog as we would update Protocols.